Monday, November 9, 2009

This is getting to be a bit much


I'm calling double fault on Serena Williams for her nude photo shoot for Glamour magazine. (I hope I don't get a beat down for this.) She is being honored as Woman of the Year along with First Lady Michelle Obama, poet and author Maya Angelou, and Rihanna (<--how did that happen?). I vehemently defended Serena for her ESPN Magazine nude photo shoot. I thought it was very appropriate for their body issue and she was not the only nude in the issue, however I see absolutely no good reason for her to be nude in the Woman of the Year Issue. It lacks taste to be ass out next to the FLOTUS and a Pulitzer Prize nominee. She needs to take that to King Smooth Magazine. Before I catch any flack for that Rihanna quip a few lines up, think about it. Mrs. Obama is an international role model who has championed many causes in the past year in the White House. Maya Angelou has more literary awards than I can remember as well as a number of Grammys. Rihanna, while I enjoy some of her songs, has done little more this year than look fetching.

6 comments:

  1. I agree she should respect herself more. Leave the ass shots to Halle Berry and the video hos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is covered. What's the big deal?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i understand shes also stuntin to be in films and tv

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope those parts include nudity. I declare Serena must get nekkid once a month from here on out in order to play tennis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'M GETTING SICK AND TIRED OF IT TOO. DAMN, LEAVE A LITTLE TO THE IMAGINATION. AT FIRST IT WAS COOL, BECAUSE I FELT LIKE SHE WAS DOING SOMETHING FOR THE THICKER GIRLS, SHOWING THAT ALL THOSE CURVES ARE SEXY, BUT OKAY, WE GOT IT NOW! PLEASE DON'T OVERLOAD.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHEN IS SHE DOIN BLACK TAIL?

    ReplyDelete