Monday, November 9, 2009

Plies has a conscience


Rapper Plies recently stopped his set at FAMU's homecoming when he realized one of the ticket holders was under 18. He had his people bring the girl on stage, spoke with her, then after determining she was a minor, offered her and her mother (who brought her to the concert, by the way, SMH) $1000 if she would leave the show and go somewhere more age appropriate. He also gave her his infamous "goon chain" which is reportedly worth around $15,000.
While I applaud Plies for taking a stand and insisting his music is for adults only, his generosity will only encourage other fast teenagers and parents with poor judgement to follow suit to see if they can get a big pay day. How much do you want to bet the mama wasn't even a Rattler?

6 comments:

  1. I agree it will only encourage the trifling to do even worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plies is the man! He probably got momma digits to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what the FCK kind of parent buys their underage child a ticket to see him at a college homecoming concert anyway? that's the problem. too many kids want to act grown up when they aren't. if she was in high school, she needed to be hanging out with high school friends in a high school appropriate setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've also heard that plies was working on his master's degree when he got signed and that only makes me hate him that much more. i can't blame gucci dude and jeezy for acting like ignant niggas, because that's all they know. but plies is an educated man and he should be far more aware of the negative stereotypes that he's helping to perpetuate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. His Master's Degree? Wow, I had no idea. Big ups to him. I wonder how he worked Bust It Baby into his thesis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I DIDN'T KNOW THAT EITHER ABOUT THE MASTER'S, I KNEW ABOUT COLLEGE THOUGH. WOW! SO SHE CAME UP OFF OF $16,000!!!! THAT'S CRAZY! WHY AM I ALWAYS IN THE WRONG PLACE AT THE WRONG TIME. DO YA'LL KNOW WHAT I COULD'VE DONE WITH THAT MONEY!!! MAN LISTEN! I WOULD'VE BEEN CHECKING HOW MANY CREDIT CARDS CAN I PAY OFF WITH THAT AMOUNT OF MONEY! WOW

    ReplyDelete