Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Now you too can grow Obama's hair



"Chia Obama makes the statement, 'I'm proud to be an American.' "

The creator of this gem is 77-year-old Chia Pet mogul Joseph Pedott. Pedott's product has been accused of racism because of the bushiness of Chia Obama's hair when fully grown. Pedott, for his part, never voted for a Democrat in his life before Obama and meant for the chia to be an honest tribute.

"All I tried to do was something positive," he says. "I never even thought about the hair."

President Obama seemed unfazed about possible racial connotations when Pedott presented him with his terra cotta likeness. "I've got green hair!" Obama chuckled. "

He's as warm as he can be," says Pedott. "I was so damn impressed."

The Rev. Jesse Jackson has endorsed the product; now if he could just get Rev. Al...

1 comment: