Thursday, November 12, 2009

Solange and Wale sittin' in a tree


K-I-S-S-I-N-G! Wale could barely contain his crush on Solange during a recent interview with honeymag.com:

“I do love her,” he admits of Solange, flashing a Cheshire. “We’re
friends. She’s amazing. She’s a good person. Any single mother contributing
to society the way she does - I got a lot of love for them. She’s got to do
a lot on her own and raise a young black man in this day and age so my
hat goes off to her. She’s definitely an anomaly. And the way she can do
that and manage to do the same things that I complain about having to
do.” His affection is as obvious as a set of flushed cheeks. An
impossibly adorable. Wale, the former mixtape rapper from inner city DC, is
borderline giddy. “Did you interview Solange about me?” Wale asks. He’s
sprawled across his bed; head practically buried in the pillow. “Did she
smile when you mentioned my name?”

I think his obvious admiration is very sweet, however let us not forget Solange is hardly the typical single mom. I dare say she has far more help and money than the vast majority of single parents rasing children in the United States. Still, I'm interested in seeing how this collaboration develops on and off the stage.

3 comments:

  1. This is sweet! I hope she doesn't break that boy's heart because he sounds like one of the good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. safari, i was about to say the same thing. its pretty easy to be such a "great" mom when you're rich and got tons of nannies and help. i give it up for the single mothers with 3 children working 40+ hours a week to barely make $45k a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solange isn't doing anything special that millions--billions--of women around the world don't do every day. I'll wager she doesn't have to wipe any snotty noses and never changed a diaper.

    ReplyDelete