Monday, October 5, 2009

T-Boz has a brain tumor


Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins revealed in the latest issue of People Magazine she has been battling a brain tumor for years. The former TLC member underwent a seven-hour surgeryto remove the tumor from her brain stem in 2006. According to T-Boz, it has since returned; she hid her condition during this year's filming of "Celebrity Apprentice" with Donald Trump because she did not want to focus on her. "I didn't want pity. I was there to help sick children. I won't let you feel sorry for me." T-Boz also has sickle cell anemia and competed on the reality show to raise funds and awareness for the Sickle Cell Foundation of Georgia.

6 comments:

  1. WWWOOOWWWW, I'M SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She sounds like a real decent person. I hope she pulls through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How horrible! I hope she is ok. I never would have known she had a brain tumor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The women in that group have been through so much. I commend her for not seeking out the spotlight and just taking care of herself and her health at that time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really messed up! Keep your head up T-Boz. We're pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. T-boz get well. Those ladies can't catch a break.

    ReplyDelete