Monday, October 5, 2009

Kandi Burruss offers up some philosophical words of wisdom


When you loose someone to an illness like cancer it hurts bad, but at least you get a little TIME to prepare yourself for what’s coming. Some people make amends, some spend a little more TIME with the person in their last days, and others at least get a chance just to say “I love you”. When you know death is coming you get a chance to make preparations, and although its a difficult conversation you even get to ask the person what they would like to be done on their behalf. So what about when death comes as a suprise?
I hate to question God but don’t you hate when you feel like somebody was just taken away too soon? I just feel like A.J just had so much more living to do. Not that my Uncle didn’t, don’t get me wrong, but it just don’t feel right that A.J’s TIME is over.
There was so much that he wanted to do. When I spoke to him yesterday I never thought that it would be for the last TIME!...When you loose someone unexpectedly & sudden like we lost A.J there are all these unanswered questions. We didn’t get a chance to spend a little more TIME & make amends. Some of us didn’t get to say or just didn’t say “I love you”. I know I’m sitting here thinking about things I wish I would’ve done differently or things I wish I would’ve said that I’ll never get to do now. When you’re young you automatically assume that you got all the TIME in the world but then something like this happens and you realize that you’re not guaranteed TIME. It brings to life so many sayings that people say like, “Tell them that you love them everyday cuz you may never get to say it again” or “Don’t go to bed mad cuz they may not be here tomorrow”. A lot of young people don’t think about life insurance policies or wills because we think we have so much TIME. That saying TIME is valuable has never been more real to me than it is right now. TIME is way more important than money or tangible things but yet we take it for granted. Please take it from me, treasure the TIME you have with your loved ones & if there are issues or problems make sure you work it out before you run out of TIME….


Much Love,

Kandi

5 comments:

  1. WOW! MY HEART GOES OUT TO HER. SHE'S GOING TO NEED A LOT OF TIME TO GET OVER THIS. MATTER OF FACT, YOU NEVER GET OVER IT, YOU JUST HAVE TO MOVE ON. SOMETHING SIMILAR HAPPENED TO ME LIKE THIS. IT'S VERY HARD TO KEEP MOVING, BUT JUST KNOW KANDI, GOD DOESN'T GIVE US MORE THAN WE CAN BEAR. THE SUN WILL SHINE AGAIN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time will heal her wounds. I hope it has healed yours AK-RITE. This was a terrible tragedy. As much as Kandi is hurting now his children are hurting even more. I think Kandi's statement was very well said and might bring comfort to a lot of people.
    http://myfxadvice.com managed forex trading

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kandy will pull through this. Pray without ceasing girl. God will guide you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was real deep. Its messed up the way he died. I'm going to take more time to tell my family I love them this week. You never know when its the last time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess his death has really made Kandi look within herself to find out what she values most. Most of us should do the same. I do have to say it is only a matter of time before she realizes he put himself out there and was living wrong.

    ReplyDelete