Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Braylon Edwards didn't show up Sunday against Bengals


He did show up later however at the View Ultralounge & Nightclub in Cleveland.One of Lebron James '4 Horsemen' clique, Edward Givens said the incident took place outside the club at about 2:30 a.m. Givens said he went to Lutheran Hospital this morning because he suffered a black eye and a cut. He said he also has a headache.

Givens was talking to the suspect outside the club when the suspect started an argument. The suspect then punched Givens with a closed first on the left side of his face. Givens told officers he would seek treatment at Lutheran Hospital.

Givens is a promoter with Eighty81 LLC, an events management and marketing firm that hosts parties on Sundays at View.

In an interview with cleveland.com's Starting Blocks blog this morning, Givens said:
"After the club closed, I was outside greeting and saying goodbye to people. Braylon comes up and started saying things, degrading me. He said if it wasn't for LeBron (James) or the Four Horsemen, I wouldn't have what I have, nor would I be able to get girls. Everyone knows Braylon has a problem with LeBron. So I had to speak up for myself. The conversation started to escalate. As some of his teammates started to pull him back, he punched me. I have a black eye and a cut. I'm not a violent guy.

"As long as I've known Braylon, I've allowed him and his friends to come into our events free of charge. Whatever jealousy he has with LeBron, he felt he needed to take it out on me."

James, who addressed the incident after the Cavaliers' practice, criticized the attack on his friend. He said that he has no relationship with Edwards but has felt that the football player is jealous of his success and is being childish.

Soon after the first altercation police officers broke up another disturbance involving the suspect (Edwards).Simple assault cases are typically not investigated by police. It is up to the victims to file complaints with the city prosecutor or the mayor of East Cleveland.

1 comment:

  1. These athletes kill me having bitch fights these days.

    ReplyDelete