Friday, October 2, 2009

Mariah told to drop the diva act





Director Lee Daniels had to warn Mariah Carey to drop the diva act if she wanted to participate in the movie Precious. Daniels told Mariah to leave all her star trappings at home. "If you come with a strip of makeup on," he recalls telling her, "I will have a backup (actress). I knew that she would be out of her safety zone, and I knew that there would be no one for her to rely on, to say, 'Get me this, get me that,'" he said. "I could see in her eyes... 'What is Lee doing to me?'" Daniels stripped down the Imperfect Angel's image so much she is said to have disappeared into the role; all you see is the dowdy social worker, not the mega-selling, Grammy Award-winning superstar.



For her part, Carey was greatful for the challenge. "That was such a freeing experience for me," she said. "By making me look so bad he brought out the ability to never be self-conscious again, and that was a gift that he gave me."



source



6 comments:

  1. Mariah's last album didn't do so hot so she knew she better get her ass straight and get this job. Those fairies and unicorns aren't going to pay her bills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS MOVIE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why does MC keep talking about how bad the director made her look? Every where I go there's an article with her yapping about it. Is she that insecure that she has to defend her character's appearance? Even when she mentions not feeling self conscious again, it sounds like an excuse to make herself feel better. Charlize Theron didn't even act this way when she was transformed into Aileen Wurnos for the movie 'monster'....and her ass was damn near unrecognizable. Mariah is extremely vain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mariah is very vain. That's why she loves Nick. He tells her she is beautiful no matter what even when she gains weight and looks a mess. Her character was a plain Jane but that's a hallmark of a good actress. When you can play someone very different from yourself and be believable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am excited about seeing this movie but a little apprehensive as well. The trailer looks intense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dead @ Those fairies and unicorns aren't going to pay her bills.

    ReplyDelete