Saturday, September 19, 2009

Did you watch the VH1 Divas concert







I was reluctant to watch this show because, while I consider some of the performers to be very good, I do not think any of them have paid the dues to be considered a true diva. I certainly balk at the idea of bestowing the title "diva" (with the positive connotation) on a teenager. Aretha Franklin is a diva. Whitney Houston is a diva. Celine Dion is a diva. Miley Cyrus and Jordin Sparks are NOT divas. Still, the show had some very good performances.

Paula Abdul hosted (thank you Vh1 for giving her a job) and almost fell off the stage during her performance. (Way to dispel those drinking rumors, Paula.) She also lampooned her American Idol replacement, Ellen DeGeneres, by donning menswear and a blonde wig and dancing around. It was good times, I tell ya.

4 comments:

  1. I watched the concert to see Stevie Wonder. Jennifer Hudson and Stevie were great! Miley...no comment. (That child needs some real parents and a whooping.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just happen to catch what that child was wearing and I wonder why was she allowed on stage in that get up. Paula I heard almost fell off the stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula will never be taken seriously. They gave her this gig and she messed it up. It was absolutely hilarious to watch her stumbling around the stage. She probably was drunk as usual. The so-called divas they had on were pitiful. Some of them were young talent at best (JHud) and just a freaking joke at worst (Jordin and that Hanna Montana chick).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't bring myself to watch this. And why the hell is miley cyrus even on this show! This was not a diva line up, but more like who's popular at the moment in order to get ratings.

    ReplyDelete