Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Terrence finally let the perm go


I have to admit, I am secretly tickled by Black men and their perms. The very sight of Rev. Al, James Brown, Prince, Michael, Snoop, Katt, and Terrence is always guaranteed to elicit a tiny smile from me. I don't know what it is. I guess I'm imagining what must be going through their minds every time it is time for a touch up. What is it that pushes them to step across into what is usually considered Black women's territory?

Even after he came to the Academy Awards ceremony and acted stuck up when Three 6 Mafia got their statue for the theme song to Hustle & Flow, Terrence Howard insisted on holding onto his pimp hair. Given his penchant for going to the beach and pool, I imagine he spent numerous hours a month in the hairdresser's chair. That must have been cutting into his designated time to shop and compare baby wipe brands for the women in his life because he recently traded his roller set for a low cut. I for one think he looks 10 years younger. I hope he knows he can't pimp with that new haircut.

5 comments:

  1. He is still bitchmade

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't matter what haircut this dude gets. he still a punk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrence is a good looking man but I haven't heard many nice things about his real personality. An ugly personality makes an ugly person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is still ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. IT tickles me to here black women and black men alike who cant get a girl or a man just hate on others .Because they care about their looks ,and to say getting a perm is considered ladies territory has got to be the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard .I wear a perm and i am not feminine in any way.But you people would like to see guys have the Dreads,like whooopie goldberg ,or Alice walker,OR braids like alicia keys .Where has the Value of style in the black male community gone?

    ReplyDelete