Monday, August 31, 2009

Jay Z Still Wants to go Hollywood


When Jay-Z first retired six years ago, he said he wanted to switch his focus on Hollywood. However the music retirement part never happened.

So, where does this leave his acting career?

Jay tells MTV that it's still in the works, he's just taking his time. "I do. I do," Jay insisted about whether he still wants to make movies in the future. "I'm taking my time. It may seem like it's taking forever, but when I do, it's gonna be something added to the genre. I just don't wanna do a couple movies and be gone. I want it to be something that's really important, so I'm taking my time with it. Hopefully when I arrive in Hollywood, I can leave a footprint." Take your time, jiggaman.

We're not sure when that transition will happen, but until then, we always have music. His highly anticipated Blueprint 3 hits stores on September 11, featuring the singles "Run This Town" and "D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune)."

1 comment:

  1. I don't think he will be good at acting. He can barely talk coherently if you have seen him in interviews. I've read quite a few people say how bad he interviewed with Bill Mahr and I remember that famous Hot 97 interview after Ether when he was stammering. It's ironic both him and Beyonce have the same problem. When they perform their speech is fine, but other than that it's a disaster. I remember he was horrible in State Property because of his speech. I couldn't understand what he was saying at first so I had to rewind.

    ReplyDelete