Saturday, June 13, 2009

Usher Filed for Divorce--No, for real this time!


The other day I posted InTouch Weekly reported Usher had filed for divorce in Atlanta. The day after that, the blogosphere was abuzz because other news sources claimed the document could not be located in the courthouse. Now the Associated Press, which is about as respectable as you can get, is reporting Usher filed for divorce in Atlanta, but on Friday.

They have two young sons, 1 1/2-year-old Usher Raymond V and 6-month-old Naviyd Ely Raymond. His wife has three children from a previous marriage. Usher opened up to the AP about how negative publicity from bloggers afected his relationship.

"People are so attracted to drama. That's easier to take than a story of righteousness," Usher said at the time...I decided to marry this woman, then I decide to be a father to my child," he said. "... It's not like I got caught with a gram of coke in my car or speeding or was caught for murder, so why would I be ridiculed, that's why I don't understand -- that's the part that is mind boggling. Why would I be ridiculed for that, even a year later."

1 comment:

  1. Why can't he just understand people don't like her, what she stands for, or how she's living. She did her family dirty to go off with him.

    ReplyDelete