Thursday, June 11, 2009

Queen Latifah was molested as a child





Queen Latifah revealed to Essence magazine she was molested as a child by a trusted family babysitter. "He violated me. I never told anybody. I just buried it as deeply as I could and kept people at an arm's length." Latifah is perpetually single for the spotlight and long-rumored to be a lesbian. She sheds some light on those rumors, admitting she remained aloof from those around her, even turning down a serious marriage proposal because of her fears of intimacy. She adds, "I never really let a person get too close to me. I could have been married years ago, but I had a commitment issue."

4 comments:

  1. Change that title. how horrible of a statement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What the hell is wrong with the title? That's what the fucking article is about. Anyhow sexual molestation is very widespread. I hope she's getting counseling and therapy. Queen is too talented to let this hold her back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I really don't get your point. It is a terrible thing to be molested but I am happy she is finally speaking out about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is she all of a sudden coming out with this? I feel for her though. That is a tough thing to live with.

    ReplyDelete