Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Kanye Urges Kids to Stay in School


Kanye West had a chat with Essence Magazine about his ridiculously expensive sneaker line charitable efforts to keep students in high school, hawking for LV his own philosophy on education, and his infamous ego.

I'm about making your own choices but giving inspiration. I went to college for a year and half and I didn't graduate. If I got a bachelor's degree or went to school for another eight years, would that mean I finished? At what point are you really done finishing your education? I believe that anything that you have to pay for is a choice, and high school is mandatory to gain some basic skills. Therefore, it's easy for me to build a foundation that encourages young people to stay in high school...When people can't understand someone who might be presenting new ideas and thoughts because it sounds too different from what they are used to, they see me as an egomaniac, rather than viewing it as a difference of opinion or way of thinking...I'm not more humble but more gracious. If you look up the definitions of the word humble, it's all negative connotations, like one should bow down. I can only be fully me...

3 comments:

  1. He is doing something positive yet he can't help but let his tremendous ego show through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how he puts down college but says high school is essential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. KANYE CAN'T GIVE AN INTERVIEW WITHOUT TALKIN BOUT HOW GREAT HE IS. JUS CAN'T DO IT.

    ReplyDelete