Monday, May 11, 2009

Prince ain’t anyone’s guitar hero


Prince was approached by the makers of the video game Guitar Hero with a deal to put his music on the phenomenally popular series. He turned them down and had this to say on The Tavis Smiley Show:

"I ain't mad at them. I hear it made, like, $2 billion and they came to us and offered us a very small portion of that. I just think it's more important that kids learn how to actually play the guitar."

Prince defended old fashioned musicianship saying, "It's a tough instrument - it's not easy. It took me a long time, and it was frustrating at first. And you just have to stick with it, and it's cool for people who don't have time to learn the chords or ain't interested in it. But to play music is one of the greatest things."

12 comments:

  1. ...what he doesn't mention is people who play Guitar Hero KNOW they are not really playing the guitar and many get inspired to go out and buy a guitar, get lessons/teach themselves to really play...another thing go to I-Tunes and look for Prince's music-you wont find any....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why would he turn down that money? Is he still loaded like that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Shug maybe he doesn't need it his last concert made crazy cash.

    @ WMS I agree but I also feel where he is coming from I learned how to play the saxophone @ the age of 12. It was hard I stayed mad but I have a skill/ hobby/ talent that I will know for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Only1Nikki what kind of sax? Alto? That's cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...@ nikki that could be a new game...
    Sax Hero....Grover, Kirk, Gerald, Boney, Sanborn, etc

    ReplyDelete
  6. i respect him for sticking to his guns...even if it did sound like he just wanted a better offer....LOL

    go on prince...i still love you boo boo

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Cheryl Yes Alto Saxophone.

    @ WMS hey if they come out with a saxophone hero well just call me Kenny G

    ReplyDelete
  8. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HA!HA!!!
    Not Kenny G-ump off an overpass!

    ReplyDelete
  9. His songs are so cool I wish he would have done it. Now he just sounds mean.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PRINCE MAKES SOME GOOD SEXIN MUSIC. I GUESS HE DON'T WANNA GIVE HIS SECRETS AWAY

    ReplyDelete
  11. prince is an amazing instrumentalist i would maybe say one of the best on guitar in the world i can see where hes coming from he probably spent many years trying to get down his amazing skills he probably doesnt want kids to play his music on gutair hereo and make all his work seem easy...and as far as turning down the money i dont think he needs it...he makes mad money and from what ive heard he has plenty of songs still ready to come out that are stashed in a vault somewhere

    ReplyDelete
  12. u can find his music on itunes. i have seen plenty! u must type in prince. lol
    I am a die heart prince fan and wish i could hear his muisc on guitar hero but i respect him turning down the offer. if u want to add a king like prince on guitar hero u need to pay him what his muisc is worth. and to me it is priceless...........

    ReplyDelete