Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Michael Jordan surprises everyone with his hall of fame pick


Michael Jordan chose someone with whome he has never played and who has never coached him to present him during his induction into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. He could have chosen Phil Jackson, Dean Smith, Charles Barkley, the list goes on and on. Instead, he chose David Thompson, The former NBA baller who had starred at North Carolina State.

Thompson was said to be flattered, "I was like, ‘Wow.’ He told them that he was a big fan of mine and I was the one that really inspired him. Being that there was so many North Carolina people he could’ve chose, I was honored. “I was kind of surprised, and also was really flattered that he chose me over Coach Smith. You know how important he is?”

source

No comments:

Post a Comment