Wednesday, September 9, 2009

BET Put on Blast by Ex-Insider



Andreas Hale, former Executive Editor of Music at BET.com, has been let go.

But instead of simply gathering up his pencils, Rolodex and the favorite coffee mug, Hale took to the web to lay out many of his trials and tribulations during his time at BET.

Hale then hit 'send' on an explosive email that landed in in-boxes Tuesday. The dysfunction that Hale describes is startling, but if we're honest, I think Hale verifies what many of us have long suspected:

"As someone who has been critical of BET for many years, it surprised many that I would leave my post at HipHopDX last year to take a position at BET. But it was an opportunity I absolutely had to take. I could no longer be critical of this company without accepting the opportunity to change it when given. ..."

"Although I was hired to bring about change, I was systematically shut down. I wasn't hired to make noise, I was hired to be silenced. The truth of the matter is that everything that you thought was wrong with BET is true. "

Read the rest of the article HERE...

6 comments:

  1. He knew BET was a snake pit before he went to work there. That network has been around for 20 years and has gotten steadily worse every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess The Boondocks got it right...LOL!

    BET hasn't been a respectable network since Donnie Simpson and Sherry Carter were on! I prefer TVOne. I'm still waiting to see what Master P's network is all about, but I guess the recession put his plans on hold. I was under the impression he had some heavy-hitters in his corner, Denzel being a notable one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. og donnie simpson, right on

    ReplyDelete
  4. Master P? I can't get over I got the hookup. Of course Boondocks got it right. That's why BET got so mad about it. Debra Leevil was spot on. BET isn't interested in uplifting our people or showing positive images. All they want to do is show a hedonistic materialistic lifestyle to our youth and encourage them to desire to follow it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We already know fool, you didn't have to tell us. I haven't watched EBT since I left college (just barely).

    ReplyDelete