Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Am I the only one a little grossed out by her renting shoes?


Christina Milian and record producer fiance The Dream got married on Friday. Miliblonde and company got hitched at the Little White Wedding Chapel in Vegas, known for its drive-thru weddings. The Dream wore a $100 rented tux and rented shoes and a bowtie and Christina wore a $200 rented gown with a rented veil and rented shoes. Am I the only one a little grossed out by her renting shoes? People usually wear socks when they rent skates and bowling shoes and I know they probably spray them, but...I also think she should have made a bigger deal out of her first wedding since she crowed so much about being engaged. Even if you don't have a giant sit down reception for 300 people, you can still have a nice tasteful wedding that's a little nicer than a glamourshot photo shoot.

7 comments:

  1. They are both ghetto at heart that's why they didn't see anything wrong with this "wedding"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't see anything wrong with doing an ultra simple wedding. I'm sure $ was not the issue, so it was probably done this way because it's fun and romantic at the same time. Some women, I for 1, are not enamored (or distracted) by shiny objects.

    Oh! And women look SOOO materialistic and simple as the day they wanted to be perfect - doesn't. Marriage is of the heart, a couple slips of paper, and a courthouse filing.

    http://LeslieTheBarber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't like drive through or courthouse weddings. I think a wedding, like a birth or a funeral, should be a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple can be tasteful. Up until this point they have been seen shopping like big dogs, now you can't even at least buy a pair of shoes be they payless or LV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spending a lot of money doesn't make a wedding "special". It always makes me shake my head to see couples go all out and end up divorced in less than 10 years. People go into debt over something that lasts a few hours at best. I'll be damned if I spend thousands so the family can get drunk and fed! [LOL] That being said, I don't think the rented clothes and shoes were a good look, it makes me think it was spur of the moment... *cue the baby bump in 5..4..3..2...1!*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stars shouldn't be renting clothes for their wedding day especially when you see them spending money like water on crap they wear once if at all. They could have invited a handful of friends and family and had a nice ceremony with dinner at a decent restaurant. End of story. This just sounds ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marriage is what you make of it but you should at least start off by making a statement the marriage is special. Rented shoes and clothes in a drive thru is not that statement.

    ReplyDelete