Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Breaking News: Ellen is the new Idol

Ellen DeGeneres just Tweeted she will be the new judge on American Idol. Paula Abdul can officially forget about any hopes she had of being begged to come back. Ellen has a huge following (don't ask me why, I don't understand it) who is sure to tune in to listen to her corny, unfunny jokes on Idol nights. Riddle me this: Idol is a singing show that has made actual stars out of many of its contestants (whether they had talent or not is another discussion). What qualifies non-singing Ellen to judge aspiring professional singers?
P.S. I'm going to redouble my efforts not to watch this season. Idol consistently picks the wrong people to be winners and forces contestants to conform to schlock rather than to show their individual character as performers. It was already insufferable to listen to Simon's meanness and Randy's "you know man" comments every season. Add Ellen to the mix and it becomes completely unwatchable. Paula's spaciness was the only thing keepin g it entertaining.

2 comments:

  1. I can't stand Ellen's ugly ass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure they could have found someone else in the industry. They could have snapped up Kandi Burrus before she joined housewives. Ashanti needs a job. Anyone. Why give this boring unqualified wench a job when she already has one?

    ReplyDelete