Monday, August 24, 2009

Tameka maintains she is innocent


Tameka Foster Raymond took to Global Grind to maintain her innocence against charges she plagiarized last week's article on the plight of dark-skinned Black women in America. I found it interesting she took to Global Grind to blog her defense when the original article was published on Huffingtonpost.com. Huffinton Post has declined to release a statement until further investigation into the charges. My guess is they wouldn't have her back.




I shared my personal story as a dark skinned woman in
America, an experience that parallels millions of other Black women.
Regrettably, this other author has no copyright (or patent) on the Black female
experience. While I’m delighted to discover there is a new book with a similar
theme available I only wish the author would have embraced our commonality as
sisters in this struggle rather than opt for such a defamatory public recourse
via a disreputable gossip writer. Approach is everything. Plagiarism is a
serious implication that I’m extremely disheartened and insulted by. If this
author can produce the same references in her book that I made to Alek Wek, poet
Khalil Gibran, an experience in Brazil, disparaging public comments surrounding
living as a “dark skinned” woman as well as scrutiny regarding her marriage to
an R&B singer then perhaps she should seek legal counsel to handle this
matter with the proper protocol.

Lastly I want to express my sincere
gratitude to Maya Angelou, Toni Morrison, Alex Haley, Susan Taylor, Khalil
Gibran, Langston Hughes, Frederick Douglass and Zora Neale Hurston, just a few
renowned authors who have touched on this similar subject and who I have indeed
read and been inspired by.

7 comments:

  1. Honestly I don't believe either one of them. They probably both plagiarized. The original woman put out some self-published pamphlet then cried because Meka got more press. Now Meka you know we know yo ass can't write so stop it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tameka should STFU. She know she don't have any money for a lawyer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is right. That book author needs to get a lawyer and see her in court otherwise she shouldn't be spreading the things she is saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dunno, i didn't read the book or article, so its hard to say who is what. however tameka makes a good point is saying that the experience of being a black woman in america is not the idea of one person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'M INTERESTED TO HEAR HER PERSPECTIVE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PRERSPECTIVE ON WHUT? WHUT WOULD SHE KNO BOUT BEIN PRETTY ANYWAY?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know if she wrote it or not but she ain't pretty.

    ReplyDelete