Friday, August 28, 2009

Should Idris ask Mrs. Jigga for Help?


Idris who appears on the cover of August's Essence Magazine, is also working on a CD that he hopes to release this year. The former club deejay (weren't we all) has a burgeoning music career in addition to his acting. Yet despite all those months they spent together on the set of “Obsessed,” Elba insists he never once asked Beyoncé for any feedback on his music.

“I’m too proud, basically,” he says, laughing. “I’ve been deejaying long enough to know the difference between a good record and a bad one, so I just figured I’m going to do it myself.

“But that said, Beyoncé is the kind of person that would say, ‘Yo ’Dris, let me hear what you got, let me see what you’re doing,’ and maybe steer me in the right direction — if I had asked,” says Elba, laughing again.

“But I didn’t.” Because let's face it. She can't sing and I don't have enough money to buy up all my own albums and concert tickets like they say she does.

7 comments:

  1. Be careful Elba she may just steal it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^^ LOL!! Too true. Don't do it. You would be indebted to them for the remainder of your life. Keep your distance from the bobcat and camel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bey's people wouldn't even let him speak to her in between takes on the Obsessed set. What makes him think she would lift a finger to help him with his music career? He is just talking to talk. Idris himself said she was aloof and unfriendly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. maybe she was concentrating too much at the time on her getting mike hidden away in her weave correctly so she could be fed her movie script lines....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm on the floor anon 1:55. You owe me a new computer for that I had coke in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1:55 is probably right. We all know she can't read. Word is they pulled her slow ass out of high school because she was too dumb to do the work. They "homeschooled" her in coochie popping 101 and booty pads: advanced.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bullshit, Idris didn't say that! THE BLOGGER ADDED THEIR OWN WORDS, no where is it stated in his interview that was asked and said! Beyonce can't act that well, but she SINGS her ass off, HATERS!!

    ReplyDelete