Friday, June 19, 2009

Ginuwine Was Suicidal


Elgin Lumpkin, better known as Ginuwine, revealed recently in Essence.com he went on a suicidal drug and alcohol-fueled binge after his father's suicide and the death of his mother.

"I really didn't want to be here anymore, I didn't want to live and tried to commit suicide more than once...I was done mentally and emotionally...I was depressed and felt like I had nobody to talk to that could relate to me. I had to ask myself whether or not I wanted to go out like my dad and have my kids hurt the way I was hurting. I've been clean for about seven years."

7 comments:

  1. now see? I thought he did that when he could only afford one of Timba's jamz fo his next cd...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wild:
    check-
    Sixers star Andre Iguodala is being sued for child support by a South Jersey woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. then google his baby mamma Clayanna Warthen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Depression probably runs in the family.

    Only1Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. WMS you be on it! We have to talk. Is your e-mail address on your profile?

    ReplyDelete
  6. nah Wild, I would never do that put my email out here with these crazy mf's....

    I DO want your blog to be successful,however.
    Have real stories nobody else has and not be another copy of Gossip Jacker.

    so if you know another way to hook up, let me know....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm disappointed to hear he was a druggie alcoholic all those years. Very disappointed.

    ReplyDelete