Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Master P. is giving back to his community


Percy "Master P." Miller is working with HUD to rebuild the B.W. Cooper Housing Development in New Orleans that was damaged by Hurricane Katrina. The neighborhood, which is also locally known as the Calliope Projects, was a rough neighborhood where many local youth fell prey to drugs and crime. The new affordable housing community will be named Marrero Commons in honor of community activist Yvonne Marrero.

The project is dear to Master P's heart because he grew up in the Cooper Development: “I want to be able to show these guys look at me. I changed my image, I changed my life and I had to grow up. I'm honored to be a part of the ground breaking alongside President Obama's right hand man, Secretary Shaun Donovan who shares the same goals as me, which is to help B.W. Cooper residents get back into their new homes."

2 comments:

  1. Master P was the smartest of all those moguls during that time like Jay, Puffy, Suge, Gotti and the rest. Percy got out of the rap game and invested his money in businesses with lasting power. He stopped living that foolish street and party lifestyle and kept a low profile. I'm glad to read he is doing something else positive with his money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HNow wonderful for him to do something like this. I'm waiting for Weezy and Baby to step up and do something for someone other than themselves.

    ReplyDelete