Monday, February 1, 2010

Pink managed to upstage Lady Gaga for the most WTF? performance of the evening





Ga Ga's performances always elicit a raised eyebrow from me.  Stephanie has undeniable talent insofaras songwriting, piano, vocals, and creativity, but I can't help but wondering why she feels the need to try to frighten me with each of her performances.  Why oh why does she have to have some unattractive costume with her ass hanging out?  Why does she have to bleed, get dirty, or almost set herself on fire?  Why the spectacle?  In my opinion, it only detracts from her music.  I cannot believe Sir Elton John went along with this fuckery.  You just know he had to take a Valium before they rubbed that soot on his pampered visage.

Now Pink?  That right there?  This $hit right here?  I was really feeling her performance when she came out backlit in the robes.  It was pretty...then she stripped nekkid and lost me.  If that had been anyone else--say Janet Jackson, for instance--the censors would have cut to a test pattern or a commercial or something.  The public would have been in an uproar and CBS would have been fined by the FCC.  Yes, I know she was in a body stocking, but she showed way more than Janet ever did at the Super Bowl as did her gilded angelic friends.  Then there's the issue of the...fluid.  WTF was that?  Let me just say, if that had been me in the audience wearing a borrowed designer gown on loan with a million dollars worth of jewels getting wet with fake amniotic fluid or piss or whatever, someone might have been extracting a Jimmy Choo from their aerobicized glutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment