Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Making of Sade's Soldier of Love


...got a hold of a pre-release of Soldier of Love.

If you watch the promo, Sade's bandmates mention that she was inspired by the scenery, wind, rain and the typically poor British weather outside of the studio.

Unfortunately, after listening, you will probably wish she recorded this on the island of Martinique. Sounds mostly like a sNorah Jones CD and for me the best tracks were 'Soldier' and maybe, 'Skin'.

And that's all I have to say about that...street date: February 9th

1 comment:

  1. I looked so forward to the release of her new album. Nobody can touch her silky soul style and with the crap music out today....we needed Sade to come back. I had the opportunity to listen to her entire album a week ago and I was so disappointed. The deep base and signature guitar work, is gone from these tracks and their flat, depressing and remind me of lover's rock on valium.

    The only song that even remotely sounds like her original style we've all come to love is "The moon and the sky". After 10 years in hiatus....I thought she would truly bring it. I still love you Sade, but not the direction you took your music.

    Anyone interested can listen to "The Moon and sky" here...

    http://www.rappersiknow.com/2010/01/27/sade-in-another-time-moon-skin/

    ReplyDelete