Monday, February 1, 2010

2010 52nd Grammy Awards Beyonce



Beyonce performed an impassioned medley of songs for the Grammys last night.  She opened with an army of soldiersswagger jacked from the "They Don't Really Care About Us" portion of Michael Jackson's:  This Is It behind her.  Beyonce was dressed in some sort of chain mail-inspired dress with her ever-present stilletos stomping out her shoe game proper.  I am in complete awe of her ability to run and dance in those things.  I can barely manage to look cute while I sit in them because they hurt!  She broke out into "If I Were A Boy", followed by a cover of Alannis Morrisette's "You Ought To Know."  I was left wondering two things:  1) What on Earth the soldiers had to do with either of the songs she sang? and 2) Considering how much Sasha Fierce loves the spotlight, why she would use her solo time on stage to sing someone else's song, and an old one at that?  Don't get me wrong, I love that song by AM.  It is fierce and Bey did it very well, but why couldn't she showcase some of her new work?  I didn't understand the headbanging bit either.  You know, since we're on a roll here, am I the only one who feels like "Single Ladies" and "Halo" have already been out for about five years?

No comments:

Post a Comment