Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Drake and Sade Collabo in the Works?


Rap newcomer Drake has high hopes for a planned collaboration with 80's soul great Sade after revealing he's making good progress in negotiations with the reclusive star. Drake's debut album has become one of hip-hop's most anticipated releases for 2010 following the star's double Grammy nod for his hit single Best I Ever Had.

The rapper recently confessed he is eyeing a rare duet with Sade, telling MTV News, "I had a wish list for my managers of everybody I wanted involved (in the album) that stem beyond hip-hop. I'm trying to pull it all together. I'm really trying to work with Sade."

The Smooth Operator singer is preparing to release her first album in 10 years on St. Valentine's Day and Drake admits his dream of a collaboration is slowly turning into a reality.Drake insists the duet will only go ahead if the song is perfect for both artists and if it's anything like "Best" he don't have a chance.

You can listen to Sade's 'Soldier of Love' single HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment