Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Angelina Jolie criticizes the Obama administration


Angelina Jolie, a staple on OTHER gossip websites, recently criticized the Obama administration in an editorial for Newsweek Magazine. "Their policy, though, raises a number of questions," the top box office star wrote. "How is the Obama administration's approach to Sudan an evolution of justice? In addition, when the administration says it intends to work to 'improve the lives of the people of Darfur,' I would like to know what that means, besides the obvious point that their lives could hardly get worse."

Now, I was sucking my teeth and thinking she should sweep outside her own door and explore her relationship issues before I read it was about Darfur. The problems in the Sudan, South Africa, Kenya, and other places really touch my heart. I think there is always more we can do. I admire her for doing the unpopular thing by speaking up in an attempt to spur the President to re-examine his timetable for addressing the problems of the developing world.
For more information on what YOU can do, visit http://www.savedarfur.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment