Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Boxer Evander Holyfield's wife says he beat her

Legendary boxer Evander Holyfield's wife Candi Calvana filed for a temporary protective order against her husband claiming he hit her in the face.  According to Radaronline, Calvana says the two were engaged in an argument over the heat in their mansion being shut off when he reached out and hit her in her face.  She says this isn't the first time he has gotten physical with her, writing in the request for the restraining order:

““He told me I was only thinking about myself, the children’s hearts beat faster...In 2008 he choked me in front of our daughter and housekeeper. In 2009 he has hit me in front of the children. He has grabbed me in front of the children. A couple of weeks ago he threw a bottle of water at me.”

If this is true, Holyfield can expect to be in a world of hurt.  In many instances, use of force against another person by a boxer can be considered an even more serious crime than assault committed by a regular person.  Plus, if they can't keep the heat on now, imagine what his bank account will look like after she gets through divorcing him--and they have kids?  Oh hell naw!  The media is already salivating trying to find the next Chris Brown/Rihanna story to beat into the ground, so he can kiss his ass(ets) goodbye.

Photo credit: canadastarboxing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment