Friday, November 6, 2009

Rihanna describes the aftermath of the incident


“So far in love. So unconditional that I went back. It’s humiliating to say this happened. To accept that? It’s a traumatizing experience.”During the interview, she confirmed that Brown, 20, held her in a headlock twice and bit her on the ear and fingers the night before the Grammys.”I stayed. I even went back after he beat me, which was wrong,” Rihanna said. “But again … I’m a human being and people put me on a very unrealistic pedestal. And all these expectations, I’m not perfect.”Rihanna - who drops a new album, Rated R, Nov. 23 - said she wanted to speak out now to help others who may be in a similar situation.”It’s completely normal to go back. It’s not right. I learned the hard way, but again, this is what I want people to know,” she said. “When I realized that my selfish decision for love could result in some young girl getting killed, I could not be easy with that part. I couldn’t be held responsible for going back.”Even if Chris never hit me again, who is to say that their boyfriend won’t? Who’s to say that they won’t kill these girls?” she went on. “These are young girls and I just didn’t realize how much of an impact I had on these girls’ lives until that happened.”Rihanna said the past few months have been one of the “most lonely times” for her because “nobody understands what it’s like.”Said the singer, “There are a lot of women who’ve experienced what I did, but not in the public. So it made it really difficult. I just felt like, ‘Oh my God, here it goes, my little bit of privacy.’”

3 comments:

  1. for a while it looked like a mutual thing between them, but after this airs, cb is going to have to go into hiding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only reason she is coming out with these interviews now is because she has an album to push. I think she is lying about how some of it went down and Chris doesn't want to bust her out. He just wants to move on. Her label is telling her to play the victim card to push units.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also suspicious about the timing but it is opening the dialog about domestic violence.

    ReplyDelete